IMPACT Melanoma Skinny on Skin Certification Classes
Sunday, July 28, 12:30–2 PM and
Monday, July 29, 1–2:30 PM
Face & Body partner with IMPACT Melanoma to offer an on-site cancer education certification class that will allow attendees to become more knowledgable in identifying signs of skin cancer.
The class will be offered on Sunday, July 28 and Monday, July 29.
Admission to class is $20.00 and can be purchased with your Face & Body registration.
This class will allow attendees to:
- Learn how to screen for suspicious moles while performing common skin care and salon services
- Gain tips for how to talk to clients about your findings
- Become certified after attending the 90-minute session
Why you should get certified:
- Spa and salon professionals are uniquely positioned to identify skin cancer
- Clients visit their beauty professionals on average every 6 weeks, far more than their doctors.
- Estheticians, stylists and massage therapists are familiar with clients' skin, and work on hard-to-see areas like the neck and scalp where melanoma often goes unnoticed.